Born Again Christian; Biblical Fundamentalist, Received Text-KJV, Dispensational

Born Again Christian; Biblical Fundamentalist, Received Text-KJV, Dispensational

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Trumps Victory is not a Victory for the Right.





I want to start by saying I am not someone whom thinks the world is coming to an end due to Trump being elected president. At the same time I am not a Trump demagogue whom thinks he is the best thing to happen to America either. I am in the middle appreciating some of the ideas he wants to go with and loathing others. I am at heart a positive and optimistic man even in the face of The Trump leading the USA. I want to also say I am not blind to his authoritarian side nor to the authoritarians surrounding him. However, I have hope that the Senate, House Republicans that did not agree with him will fight him tooth and nail. 

Even with this sense of life and optimism I am not blind to the fact this is not a victory for the rightists among us. Trump is a Classic Old-School Leftist anti-free trade and protectionist Democrat. He was what a Democrat was say 20 or 30 years ago and his views on protectionism are more in line with Hillary's rival Bernie Sanders than any mainstream Republicans. This was a win for the Old-School fraction of the left-wing and not a triumph for the secular, pro-reason and capitalist right. This was not a win for Classical Liberalism, Constitutional Republicans, Laissez-faire or libertarians, nor Objectivists. 

While Trump ran on cutting taxes, regulations and repealing Obamacare. He has already began to back peddle and show he really is not concerned with making a more limited government in accordance with the US Constitution and classical liberal principles the cornerstone of the Right. Let alone being a fan of anything near the most Radical of the freedom movement those whom call for stateless liberty. While I am not an an-cap the fact that some An-Caps are supporting him boggles the mind it really does. He has an authoritarian streak that we all need to watch out for. Especially those whom want freedom. 

He has not met any of his promises so far to cut the government down to size and I am hoping that turns around once he begins government. He has reneged in advance on so many promises and my hope in him is slowly waning despite my optimism because of this. I am not going to say he is a horrible person as some have said. I think he is misinformed and ignorant, wrong on a lot of things, but, he is not some evil devil. We need to be weary of him and his aids. We need to watch the direction the government flows. I highly doubt it will be to the genuine right, but, in a weird middle ground. Combining some elements that will be authoritarian with other elements of certain freedoms. 

I refrain any righties to stop saying we won we have not. Nor should we join the rioting nutcases in the streets. He has won fair and square, but, we can still give our voice to the voiceless in the Rational, secular and capitalist right. We have not won whether it is my fellow atheist righties or other secular believers on the right. We have not won and we should not forget this and give into some collectivism over Trump. Collectivism is the real enemy ideology we must fight. This is individualism and individuals vs collectivism and collectivizing people like some Borg. We must remember that is the real foundation to liberty!