Born Again Christian; Biblical Fundamentalist, Received Text-KJV, Dispensational

Born Again Christian; Biblical Fundamentalist, Received Text-KJV, Dispensational

Monday, August 27, 2018

Trying to find help that is not at odds with reality is hard work because of the corruption of self-help.




Recently I started trying to find some self-help methods to deal with my anxiety/depression/PSTD issues stemming from my past trauma including my assaults. One of things I have been looking into is Positive Thinking exercises. As well as reasonable thinking exercises as well. However, to my chagrin the positive thinking you find online appears to not be the sort of mental work done by legitimate practitioners such as CBT therapists. Instead you will find metaphysically and epistemologically destructive New-Age Woo Woo Fluff bullshit that does not ever taken into account Reason or the existence of an outside world.

Some of it was fine, but, then you run across things that are not factual. For example nothing in life has "infinite" possibility. I have tremendous possibility, but, within the bounds of actual external reality. This would be both a positive affirmation, but, also take into account that reality exists and I will not always get what I want. That reality and life does not bend to my wants or needs it is what it is and depending on various factors both in my control and outside of it I could not get what I want in the end. The idea that some how optimism and positive thinking is somehow outside the realm of Reason is a metaphysical monstrosity of the highest order.

Do I want help with my self-esteem, my confidence and stopping the bad thinking? Yes, but, what I do not need is to be brainwashed into a New Age Mindset that is totally delusional. No one needs to be conditioned into believing they are somehow the center of the Universe. This is if anything going to make people into delusional narcissists that think they are king or queen shit. It is as Penn and Teller's Bullshit called it self-helpless and not self-help. People need to seek out actually recognized and legitimately science backed psychology or psychiatry and should stay away from this Woo Woo Fluff or your means of knowledge will be slowly destroyed.