Born Again Christian; Biblical Fundamentalist, Received Text-KJV, Dispensational

Born Again Christian; Biblical Fundamentalist, Received Text-KJV, Dispensational

Friday, March 10, 2023

My two cents on the replies to Mark Jones

Recently there has been a lot of back and forth over Mark Jones article about the various views on the Covid mandates and The Church. In this article I would like to give my two cents on this topic. First of all I want to state that I am anti health mandates and also in favor of Churches staying open VS closing. I, however, started out Covid on the other side of the debate. As this is the case I feel I can give an objective look at both sides of the debate. Many people I know are still on the other side of this debate. 

It is because I know so many good and faithful Christian Brothers and Sisters whom still feel following the Public Health Orders was right that I write this article. I think they would be wrong to close down the Churches if the Government declares another lockdown. I also know that my view is not shared by all those in my Church. I would be totally out of line to question their faithfulness to God or anything else about their Salvation over disagreements related to politics. 

The Truth is faithful God fearing people exist on both sides of the State Authority over The Church issues. There is an interpretation of Romans 13 that certainly leads to the Obey all Government Edicts view. This is a view that even John MacArthur; up until the Covid measures had held. I hold a Romans 13 tells us what the State ought to or ought not to do view. That its soul Biblical Mandate is the rewarding of God and punishing of evil. Which means the Government had no Biblical Mandate to do anything it did during the past couple years. 

However, I know a good number of people disagree with me about this within My own Church and within other Churches. I do not considered them sell outs. Instead I admit, it is a matter of interpretation over certain passages and their meaning. This does not mean I agree with their interpretation of key passages. Yet, this does not mean I let this build up any sort of wall between me and them. 

My main worry is that people are forsaking seeing those that disagree as Brothers in Christ and or not faithful or Godly if they take a position counter to theirs on either side of the issue. Humility is called for from both sides on these issues. That is my two cents on the matter.