Born Again Christian; Biblical Fundamentalist, Received Text-KJV, Dispensational

Born Again Christian; Biblical Fundamentalist, Received Text-KJV, Dispensational

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Christian Conservative and Universalist

There are lots of people that assume being a conservative Christian is a code word for hate. However, this is not at all true. One does not need to be a liberal or progressive to be a Universalism proponent.

Nor is being a liberal Christian mean you are in agreement with universal Salvation or reconciliation through the work of Christ on the cross. Often conservative Christians are painted with the hate brush on certain issues like LGB issues or on abortion.

However, what one does or does not think about things such as same sex marriage is not interchangeable with right vs left wing politics. There have been leftists whom have been against same sex marriage and many rightists whom have supported such arrangements.

There have been Christian conservatives whom have fully supported every single LGB legislation passed in Canada and elsewhere. The fundamentalists do not represent all Christian Conservatives they are only one group of Christians.

However, I will go on record as saying love and grace are abounding even in those you might disagree with. I do not make the marriage question intricate to being an overall good person. People can disagree with same sex marriage and still be good people.

The LGB question is not intricate to being a good person. Nor is it key to embracing someone as a Good Christian, as the saying goes. I happen to support marriages for same sex adults, but, I also understand why others are so concerned with traditional marriage as well.

Both sides of the debate belong to The Body of Christ and I am not going to try and push my views on traditional marriage proponents anymore than I want them pushing their views on me.

As for abortion I am personally absolutely pro life. A view which has changed over time. I also do not support reopening any legislation within Canada on the subject.

On the issue of Christians in general the word refers to nothing hateful at all. Christian's are those whom have come to realize that Jesus was Lord and Saviour. So, there is no reason for assuming it is hateful when the meaning is understood.

In regards to myself I am in both the Conservative Christian and Universalist camp. I am someone that finds the Word of God points to us all being saved by the finished work of the cross. However, I am also a Conservative whom thinks that free minds and free markets are the way of having a functioning government which stays within its constitutional bounds. I believe in balancing budgets, keeping government efficient where it has to be involved. As well as keeping government as limited as possible within an ever changing world.